Is there a certain threshold of gains and losses I must cross before I can receive my 1099-B form from Robinhood or TD Ameritrade?

Asked 3 years ago

From what I can see on the internet, there's none. You should receive a 1099-B as long as you had a taxable event on that trading year. However, I'm quite confused because a friend told me he sold shares last year, but he didn't receive his 1099 form from Robinhood.

Kason Vincent

Thursday, May 27, 2021

No, Form 1099-B is used to report any of your taxes and losses. This information is then used by the IRS to determine your taxable income. I would recommend following this procedure as it's better to be safe than sorry.

Andrew Moran

Andrew Moran

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Most investors will need to submit a 1099-b form to the Internal Revenue Service, whether you are using Robinhood or TD Ameritrade.

Clients will be automatically sent these forms.

But there are a few exceptions:

  • You did not earn more than $10 in dividends.
  • You did not sell any investments for the tax year.
  • Your free referral stocks were less than $600.

Overall, any short-term capital gains will be inserted into your regular income on your tax return.

Write an answer...


Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?