How do you connect Wealthsimple Trade with Mint and how long does it take?
Asked 2 years ago
I don't like having them as two separate things and want to make my process a lot faster and more streamlined. How can I go about doing this?
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
To link Wealthsimple Trade with Mint, you need to open Wealthsimple on your desktop or laptop. From Settings, head to Banks & Apps option. You will have a new email and password. Then update after allowing Mint to read all Wealthsimple data. Go to Mint and select 'Add Account' option. Use the new email and password of Wealthsimple, and it should be done.
Monday, June 21, 2021
Since 2016, WealthSimple has partnered with Mint, allowing clients to synchronize their investment account with the budgeting software.
But how do you connect the two accounts?
Here is a step-by-step breakdown of the process:
- Log in to WealthSimple on your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.).
- Click on your name in the navigation bar and choose "Settings."
- Select the "Banks & Apps" menu.
- Here, you check off Allow Mint to read my WealthSimple data and hit "Update."
- Be sure to remember your new password and email.
Sunday, November 28, 2021
You can link your Wealthsimple Invest account to Mint to get a more detailed picture of your finances. However, Mint does not yet support Wealthsimple Trade accounts.
To join your Mint account, go to Settings -> To connect your Wealthsimple Invest account, first, you must set a unique password for it:
- In your web browser, go to the Wealthsimple website and sign in.
- Go to the navigation bar and click Settings.
- Select Banks & Apps.
- Allow Mint to get access to my Wealthsimple data. (Check Allow)
- Select "Update" from the drop-down menu.
- Take note of your new password and email address. You'll need them to link your Moneydive account in Mint.
To complete the process, you'll need to connect wealthsimple trade to mint:
- To do so, log into your Mint account.
- Accounts in +Add -> +Add Accounts in the app
- Use your new password and email when asked for your Wealthsimple credentials. It will not be the same password you use to sign in to Wealthsimple.
What should you expect?
- Mint does not allow you to have many currency accounts. As a result, your assets will be shown in the currency of your Mint account rather than being converted to the required amount.
- If your Mint account is in Canadian dollars, your portfolio balance may appear to be lower than it actually is because US assets will not be converted to CAD.
- It's currently not possible to link your Wealthsimple Trade account to Mint.
Please follow our Community Guidelines