What Are the Best Resources for Beginners to Learn Stock Trading and Investment?
Use readily available resources such as YouTube or Blogs to see what other people are doing and their perceptions while investing in books and courses.
Published May 17, 2021.
It depends on your level of understanding. Are you a beginner or intermediate?
Most resources are great for beginners, while others help deepen your understanding of investing or comprehensive references.
- Personal Finance for Self-Reliance - an online course that teaches basic personal finance principles as a bedrock for some lessons later.
- Basic Investing Concepts - a Udemy course covering ideas of investing and translates the ideas into practical steps.
- Intermediate Investing Course - is a great next step for financial learning from a principles-first perspective.
- Investing for Dummies - An all-around beginners book on investment topics covering everything from stocks, real estate, wealth building, early retirement, and retirement planning.
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Stock Market - focuses on stock market investing.
- The Simple Path to Wealth - Makes complex investing topics clear.
- Investopedia - On this site, you can take a tutorial on the A to Z of investing. The tutorial also breaks down investment terminology.
- Yahoo Finance app - With this app, you can access a news stream, stock updates, and personalized lists.
- The Motley Fool - As an investment and multimedia company, the Motley Fool has information for beginners. It also has a Q&A section.
If you don't have money for courses or seminars, books are a great way to learn about stock trading. Some of the books you can read include:
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street
- Market Wizards
Work with a mentor: You can look for a family member or a friend experienced in investing and request them to hold your hand. Still, you can make use of online platforms with
All of the above can help you learn how to make good investments and successful stock trades.